Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Helvetica in Life




HELVETICA IS SIMPLY EVERYWHERE!




By watching the documentary, I realized how we are all close and familar with Helvetica.
Although I knew that Helvetica was overused, I felt that depending on the uses of Helvetica, they all had different feelings and connotation to it, so that was why I didn't take it seriously when people were saying Helvetica makes them sick.
But after watching the documentary, I felt that people wanted to stay in "safe zone" by using the font that is widely accepted and used.
Now I think that people should start adopting new, innovative fonts that are not necessarily too distracting or unclear to the level which people have hard time reading and understanding it. The new fonts can be just as clear as Helvetica but it can bring out much fresh, new feelings.



No comments:

Post a Comment